
Last Sunday, Crosspoint celebrated with all of our wonderful college students. We recognized those who were graduating and doing missions over Christmas break. To show our appreciation, we handed out exam packets (goody bags filled with treats, coupons, and scantrons!) and had a big party for them. Several of the families here at Crosspoint chipped in to serve up hamburgers, sides, and lots of dessert! Over 200 people showed up and everyone had a great time.
We got several encouraging emails from students after the party. Here is one that particularly touched us.
Hey Pastor Ken!
I just wanted to write you guys (the staff) an email to tell you how thankful I am for Crosspoint. My roommate and I just got back from the Christmas party (we had to leave a little early to get some more study time in) and on the way home all we talked about was how great our church was.
We both joined Crosspoint at the end of last year and were excited to get to work with Matt and the youth. Both of us come from churches with no real college ministries but strong youth ministries, and we were (and still are) excited about pouring our lives into youth. We didn't realize how great being a part of a college ministry would be.
I left tonight feeling incredibly loved and a part of the body of Christ. Not only did I leave with a full tummy, free scantrons, and an exam packet - I left incredibly impressed by the grace and generosity of the adults and staff at Crosspoint. There's something about walking into a fellowship hall and seeing adults take time out of their busy schedules to cook us dinner and bring food - to see them give generously of their time and effort - and it's inspiring. There's also something to be said for providing free blue books, scantrons, and exam packets for us. It would be so easy, especially in the economy of today, to just not care about something seemingly insignificant like a scantron. I had no idea how much a free scantron can impact someone.
I just wanted to let you guys know that since I've joined Crosspoint I have learned so much about the body of Christ and about community. Each Sunday and Wednesday night I leave church or the youth loving it more. I don't leave loving it more because you guys feed us, or because you give us free stuff - I leave loving it more because Crosspoint is a place I can plug in, receive wisdom AND pour my life out.
Thank you for being generous and gracious to us; for giving us a place to call home when we're away from ours.
No comments:
Post a Comment