Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Summer LINK Clemson: Week 1


Thursday, May 24th marked not only the beginning of Summer LINK Clemson, but also the beginning of new friendships, adventures and a summer we will never forget. I think all of us would say that we are excited to be a part of the team and even more excited to see God work in and through us this summer. The fellowship that took place even on the first day was a sure sign that this was going to be a fun summer, which has already proven true even in this short amount time. 


It has been so encouraging to see that in a group full of very different people, we all have a unified vision - not to contain the joy that we have in Christ, but to spread it to Clemson and beyond. I think this reigned true with our outreach event we had on Friday morning. The extraordinary heart and passion this group has for ministry was clearly portrayed as they knocked on every door at University Place, serving the students with the ultimate aim of sharing the Gospel.  We plan to return there throughout the summer to serve them and reach out to them.

On Friday night, May 25th, we gathered together for a cookout. We ate and played the game “Family.” It was great to get to laugh and bond together. And let’s be honest, it was even greater for me because I won both rounds. All jokes aside, it was a wonderful evening, which was but a glimpse of the fun that we are going to have this summer.

We also started our college CP group this past week as well. It was a blessing to see that the vision of the Summer LINK team was not limited to us, but shared among our college community here this summer. In the midst of familiar and unfamiliar faces, we came together and were reminded of many of God’s great attributes and the greatest commandment. I think God will do great things through our time together every week. 

To finish off the week, Saturday (June 2nd) night we went to Greenville for the baseball game. Among all the conversation and laughter, I was reminded of how happy I am to be a part of this team. As much as I thought that an internship elsewhere was the only thing that was going to suit me this summer, God showed me otherwise and I thank Him so much for his sovereignty. I can’t wait to see how God works through me as well as the team in the next nine weeks!

Update By: Katrina Ross
Summer LINK Clemson

“Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. Then I will teach transgressors your ways, and sinners will turn back to you.” Psalm 51:12-13

No comments:

Post a Comment