Friday, July 6, 2012

Summer Link Honduras: Week 1


Hola from Honduras!  We have been here for almost one whole week, but our team has connected so well it seems like months have already gone by.  We have been able to visit several of the locations where we will be doing ministry including the bilingual school, the slums, and one of the recreational fields in the community.
 

We have been able to teach several Bible stories and have been able to share the gospel with the kids at the bilingual school.  Today I was able to have a conversation with one boy named Deyner.  He said he attends church every once in a while and often asks God for forgiveness over his wrongdoing.  I asked him if he had ever heard of Jesus Christ, he said no, so I told him how Jesus’s life, death, and resurrection made a way for our permanent and full forgiveness of sins.  Our conversation was cut short, but I hope to continue building a relationship with him over the course of our time here.  Please pray for Deyner, that God would speak into his life and reveal his need for eternal forgiveness.



posted by Will Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment