I can remember when I was a senior
at Clemson University, looking toward graduation, and trying to figure out what
to do next. I was set to earn an engineering degree but I felt very
strongly that God was calling me to give at least a few years to full time
ministry. When I heard about Generation LINK I was immediately drawn to
the program because of one key factor: theological training.
I already knew that I wanted to
pursue a Master’s degree at a Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary from my
prior experiences with them (conferences and such). However, I never knew
the extent to which Crosspoint Church in Clemson partners with these
institutions. Crosspoint is considered a Great Commission Equipping
Center. This means that Southeastern Seminary is able to offer classes to
be held at our church and taught by our pastors and leaders. When I found
out that I could serve meaningfully in the church, get ministry training, AND
begin my seminary education the deal was sealed.
Two weeks ago many of us met with
other seminarians from around the South East at Anderson University for a
marathon weekend with one of the resident Southeastern scholars. At
various points in the semester some of us have gone in smaller groups to the
main campus in Wake Forest, NC and another extension campus in Charlotte,
NC. Needless to say, Generation LINK offers a very flexible environment
that helps foster this kind of training. I am about to finish up my
second year with Generation LINK and I have been blessed with the opportunity
to complete half of the required credits towards my degree in Ministry Leadership at Southeastern. This semester we have staff taking
classes in Old Testament, Hermeneutics, Bible Exposition, Church History, and
Field Ministry (Field Ministry is administered right here at Crosspoint).
I can’t begin to tell you how
valuable it is to be learning and simultaneously wrestling with these issues in
real life ministry. My suggestion is
simple: If you are pursuing theological training for future ministry,
consider Generation LINK so you can begin both now.
Written by:Will Jackson | Crosspoint Church | Clemson, SC
No comments:
Post a Comment