This post
is part of a series called "Meet the Team" introducing you to our
Generation LINK staff. We hope it will help you get to know Generation LINK
staff members serving around the country a little better.
Where did you graduate from
and what did you study?
I graduated from
Clemson University in May of 2013 with a bachelor of arts in architecture and a
minor in history.
What led you to do Generation
LINK?
During the fall of
my senior year at Clemson I began thinking and praying about what God would
have me do after graduating. I had
no desire to continue studying architecture or to pursue a career in the field,
and therefore faced a lot of uncertainty as to what my next steps would
be. I had heard briefly about
Generation LINK while attending Crosspoint, but became really interested in
this opportunity as it was presented in the Connecting Point group that I was
attending. I was excited about the
chance to serve full-time in the church and to pursue growth and discipleship
with like-minded believers. As God
grew my desire to be a part of Generation LINK, He made it clearly evident that
this is where He wanted me.
Which location & what areas
of ministry do you serve with through Generation LINK?
I serve in the
family & children’s ministry at Crosspoint Church in Clemson.
What are you most excited about
in your area of ministry?
I am most passionate
to see children grow in their knowledge and understanding of the Gospel as they
are consistently presented with the Truth. I am excited to see children recognize their need for a
Savior and dedicate themselves to a lifetime of serving and honoring Christ.
What books have been most
formative in your walk with Christ?
Don’t Waste Your Life by John Piper
Radical Womanhood by Carolyn McCulley
What are your favorite things to
do in your free time?
I enjoy running, finding
new recipes & cooking healthy foods, doing craft projects, and almost
anything outside (especially when it is warm!). I love tea, both iced and hot, any kind of whole wheat
bread, popcorn, and vine-ripe tomatoes.
What is your typical coffee shop
order?
I’m not a coffee
fan, so I don’t visit them frequently… but when I do, either hot tea or a
smoothie.
By: Emily Schneck

No comments:
Post a Comment