As I reflect on my time in Generation Link, I can’t help but notice God’s hand in the past year and a half and how I have so much to be thankful for. Even in just looking back on this semester, I can see so many of God’s blessings on Crosspoint Church and in my life. We kicked off the semester with a celebration of Crosspoint’s five year anniversary. It’s been a blessing to be part of the congregation for the past four and a half years of that celebration and to watch how God has grown the church.
Crosspoint 5th Anniversary Video from CrosspointClemson on Vimeo.
We celebrated with a faux lake fellowship (it was relocated to the auditorium because it was rained out). It was a blessing to listen to the testimonies of life change within the congregation over the past five years.
Listen to Testimonies Here
Our sermon series for the semester has been in Ephesians. We have been studying God’s plan of salvation and how salvation is not something that we can do to earn but it is a gift of God’s sovereign grace. It is such a blessing to be at a church where God’s word is not only preached on Sundays, but that the pastors also equip the congregation to dive into the word deeper daily with a planned study guide and the accountability of small groups.
As we just celebrated Thanksgiving, one of my favorite events of the year is the thanksgiving fellowship, because it is a time where the entire church comes together to share a meal. Now that we are at two services it’s not as common to gather together as one body so the times that we do come together are valued.
I’m also thankful for by CP group and having the opportunity to celebrate thanksgiving with them. They have definitely become a family to me as we walk the Christian life together through good times and difficult times, holding each other accountable, encouraging one another, and praying for one another.
I’m looking forward to the Christmas series as we are about to start digging into Isaiah and studying how Christ was the one prophesied to come. Jesus is God’s biggest blessing to us and I most thankful for the gift of salvation that God has given to me.




No comments:
Post a Comment