This is my second year serving as Generation-LINK Staff at Crosspoint Church! I really love it and I’m so thankful for this opportunity.
I thought I’d give a little glimpse into what Generation
LINK looks like practically for me and what I learned through this program.
I serve as our Kids Worship Director at Crosspoint. I love
children. I always have. When the Lord put G-LINK before me as an option a
little over 2 years ago, I just knew I would want to serve with the littlest ones
at Crosspoint.
The thing is, I had no experience (other than one year
teaching in the two year old room and lots of babysitting). I didn’t know how
to coordinate a schedule, keep a nursery clean, equip volunteers and teachers
for serving, different curriculums, etc…
Insert Generation LINK.
That’s what this program does. It equips you.
About one month into the program I was given the task of
researching and writing a policies and procedures for our nursery at
Crosspoint.
I was clueless. I’m not a mom and I wasn’t an education
major.
I was encouraged by the pastor I served alongside to spend time talking with other churches about their procedures and what
they do that works well. I loved that. I learned so much.
With lots of guidance and many conversations, a policies and
procedures was put into practice for our nursery ministry and in February 2012,
we held our first volunteer training for our nursery volunteers. And I got to
be part of that. Talk about humbling.
That’s another aspect of G-LINK. Experience.
This isn’t your typical internship. I have the privilege to
serve alongside some of the most humble, kind, gracious, leaders (our pastors).
They invest so well into us. There were many meetings with our Discipleship
Pastor, Jason where we looked at the P&P and he gave me feedback and
direction. We would meet again and do the same. There was a great balance of
oversight and freedom to run with this assignment. I knew that at any moment I
could pop into his office and ask questions, but I also knew that he would not
be checking in on me every day.
I could never learn what I’ve learned sitting in a
classroom. I’ve learned so much about investing in the next generation at
Crosspoint through serving as G-LINK Staff. It’s invaluable the knowledge I’ve
obtained through watching our pastors lead their families, teach family
discipleship from the pulpit, and teach me how to train volunteers, research
curriculum, and shepherd our volunteers well.
I absolutely love what I get to do. It’s my dream. Because
of (almost) two years of
Generation-LINK, I know better how to do children’s ministry within the local
church, and how to help equip families to disciple their children in the home.
I’ve gained an invaluable amount of experience that someone my age wouldn’t gain
just anywhere. I’ve been entrusted with much responsibility and guided well to
carry out my tasks. I’ve learned that this is more than a job, it’s a calling.
My love for children has grown beyond their cuteness, but
for their souls. These little boys and girls that I get to oversee are
potential brothers and sisters in Christ. They are future pastors and husbands
and wives and missionaries.
Oh how I long to teach them well. To teach them of Christ
and their need for him as their Savior. I’m learning how to do that through
serving alongside those who are wiser than I. What a joy. A humbling joy.
I can’t say enough how thankful I am for this opportunity. I
could go on and on about the benefits of Generation-LINK and many more great
aspects. Maybe in another blog!
I have no doubt these
two years will produce fruit in my life for many years to come. I’m excited
about this second year. I have much more to learn and I’m eager to go deeper.
Posted by Krystal Brummitt
No comments:
Post a Comment